Friday, October 20, 2006

Conservatives Will Turn Out

So claims Hugh Hewitt and he's done the polling to prove it:

I have been in Minnesota, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Ohio over the past five days. I have appeared at rallies that filled large rooms to capacity with enthusiastic volunteers. I have had candid conversations with four members of the House --Mark Kennedy, Mike Sodrel, David Dreier and Deborah Pryce, three senators, Rick Santorum, Jim Talent, and Norm Coleman, and other candidates such as Rick O'Donnell and Doug Lamborn in Colorado, Michele Bachmann and Alan Fine in Minnesota, and Ken Blackwell in Ohio.
More importantly I have talked with hundreds of members of the GOP base in a varioety of different cities, each with a unique set of political circumstances. I polled every audience.
To this I add literally thopusands of e-mails from listners and readers as well as continual calling to various pundits and political pros, and the compulsive assessment of the polls --good and bad-- that stack up at RealClearPolitics.com.
There is simply no data to support the idea of significant if any turnout diminishment.


I tend to agree. As for myself, with so much at risk as far as the economy, Iraq, and memories of 9/11 so clear, my family will be there on election day!