Saturday, February 24, 2007

Why Vote Rudy?

Maggie Gallagher, who James Taranto describes as "a Catholic who is very conservative on those social issues" sums up my own feelings in a nutshell:

When I ask myself, who of all the candidates in both parties do I
most trust to keep me and my children safe? The answer is instantaneous, deeper
than the level any particular policy debate can go: Rudy Giuliani. And when I
look ahead on social issues like gay marriage, the greatest threat I see is that
the Supreme Court with two or more appointments from Hillary Clinton, will
decide that our Founding Fathers, in their wisdom, created a national
constitutional right to whatever social liberals have decided is the latest
civil rights battle.

Maggie also adds National Security to the list, which echoes my principle cause for backing America's Mayor. To sum up: What part of 9/11 have you forgotten? It's all that matters.