Monday, September 17, 2007

The Juice Not on the Loose

I can't believe we're still talking about OJ Simpson a decade after his trial. Roger Simon, an ex-Liberal reveals how OJ Changed My Life:

When people ask me about my relative soft shoe to the political
center after decades as a dedicated left-liberal, they usually say something
like: “You’re one of those 9/11 Democrats, aren’t you? Like your buddy Ron
Silver.” I mostly nod. It’s hard to deny 9/11 altered my view of things
considerably. But what I almost always don’t tell them is those views were
already changing - because of the OJ Trial. In a sense, weird as this may sound,
the Juice prepped me for 9/11.


A great article, but also sad. It really hurts when you see justice denied, or at least delayed. What amazes me about some of these black stars, they seem to forget about their race when the good times are rolling in Hollywood and they're hanging with Liz, and Burt, and Clint, but let the cops come knocking and magically Rosie Greer shows up with his posse. What surprises me is why the black community would want them back since they only remember you when they're in trouble.