Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Thunder Run" the Movie


Sounds like Hollywood is actually filming a heroic movie on the Iraq War, this one concerning the dramatic blitzkrieg on Baghdad in 2003. From the Hollywood Reporter:


Simon West will direct an adaptation of David Zucchino’s nonfiction book “Thunder Run: The Armored Strike to Capture Baghdad” for producers Freedom Films and Emmett/Furla Films.

The “Con Air” helmer will also produce the feature, adapted by Pulitzer Prize-winning Los Angeles Times correspondent Zucchino from his chronicle of the pivotal April 2003 Iraq War battle.

“When I first read Zucchino’s book, I realized immediately it was one of the great accounts of modern warfare: heroic, exciting, tragic and ultimately political,” said West. “I had the same feeling when I found and developed ‘Black Hawk Down’ with Jerry Bruckheimer.”


Being that this is Hollywood, though, I'm a little skeptical that somehow they'll turn this supreme military triumph into a shameful defeat. I even hear they are getting Baghdad Bob as a adviser!(Not)