Monday, October 30, 2006

CNN Feels "The Slapdown"

I heard about this over the weekend, but when I saw the video (get it here) I was astounded that a US Media organization needed to be asked by Lynne Cheney "Do you want us to win?":

Cheney: "Right, But what is CNN doing running terrorist tape of terrorist shooting Americans? I mean, I thought Duncan Hunter asked you a very good question and you didn’t answer it. Do you want us to win?"
Blitzer: "The answer, of course, is we want the United States to win. We are Americans. There’s no doubt about it. You think we want terrorists to win?"
Cheney: "Then why are you running- Why are you running terrorist propaganda?"
Blitzer: "With all due respect- With all due respect, this is not terrorist propaganda."
Cheney: "Oh, Wolf!"
Blitzer: "This is, this is reporting the news which is what we do. We’re not partisan."
Cheney: "Where did you get the film?"
Blitzer: "We got the film- Look, this is an issue that has been widely discussed. This is an issue that we reported on extensively. We make no apologies for showing that. That was a very carefully considered decision why we did that. And I think- And I think that if you’re-"
Cheney: "Well, I think it’s shocking."


Today, VP Dick Cheney likened his wife's remarks to "The Slapdown"!