Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Yankees Go Home!


Its that time of year, folks. This is from Quando.net:

Anyone else tired of this?

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that South Carolina should remove the Confederate flag from its Statehouse grounds, in part because the nation should unite under one banner while at war."I think about how many South Carolinians have served in our military and who are serving today under our flag and I believe that we should have one flag that we all pay honor to, as I know that most people in South Carolina do every single day," Clinton told The Associated Press in an interview.

Every 4 years this little goodie is trotted out during the primary and afterward forgotten for another 4 years. I understand that reporters inevitably ask the question. And I understand that candidates feel obligated to answer questions asked by reporters. But what would be wrong with saying "I'm a candidate for a national office and while I have a personal opinion about the issue, this is something for the people of this state to decide."

The last time we had this debate in SC, you could barely see the Flag on the State House Dome. Now its in clear site right in front of the Capitol. But wherever it stays, it should be up to us citizens and not these pandering Carpetbaggers!