Sunday, August 12, 2007

Election 2008 Apology Watch #6

A first for Rudy Giuliani here, from FoxNews:




Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani said Friday that he
misspoke when he said he spent as much time, if not more, at ground zero exposed
to the same health risks as workers combing the site after the Sept. 11
attacks.
"I think I could have said it better," he told nationally syndicated
radio host Mike Gallagher. "You know, what I was saying was, 'I'm there with
you."'
The former New York mayor upset some firefighters and police officers
when he said Thursday in Cincinnati that he was at ground zero "as often, if not
more, than most of the workers."
"I was there working with them. I was
exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I'm
one of them," he told reporters at a Los Angeles Dodgers-Cincinnati Reds
baseball game...
"What I was trying to say yesterday is that I empathize with
them, because I feel like I have that same risk," he said.




He might not have been in the trenches with the firefighters and rescuers, but thank God he was where he was at on 9/11.