Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Real American Hero" no more


First they bumped off Captain America, now this via Wizbang:


But of course, in the liberal land of Hollyweird, a Real American
Hero is just unacceptable. Nope, it's gotta be a global hero. G.I. Joe will be a
global operation, not an American one, and G.I. Joe now stands for
Global
Integrated Joint Operating Entity
:
The studio's
live-action feature film version of G.I. Joe will no longer revolve around a
top-secret U.S. special forces team but rather an international operation.
In a follow-up to their confirmation that Stephen Sommers will direct G.I.
Joe, Variety offers this new description of the team: "G.I. Joe is now a
Brussels-based outfit that stands for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity,
an international co-ed force of operatives who use hi-tech equipment to battle
Cobra, an evil organization headed by a double-crossing Scottish arms dealer.
The property is closer in tone to X-Men and James Bond than a war film."

They've pretty much castrated James Bond too. I actually bought my first true GI Joe with the real hair a few weeks ago at the Southeastern Toy Soldier show for $15 bucks. Scared to play with it though, it was made in China!

The Left Coast has pretty much seceded from the Union in their minds and attitudes. No love lost here.